Would you like to trip to Japan once the pandemic is over? Here is your chance to get 10 million JPY (approx. 6.6 million INR with today’s currency rate) to travel around the country!
Sekisui House, a leading housing company in Japan, announced a unique ambassador program – TRIP BASE STYLE. It aims to find the hidden charms of Japan through travel around the country. Surprisingly, the selected Ambassador will get paid 10 million JPY to journey across Japan for a year.
What is the ambassador program?
The company has been collaborating with Marriot International to create a new style of trip. And, its concept is “The Quest for the Unknown in Japan.”
That is to say, they try to promote regional development with a new way of experience-based travel. The project utilizes Japanʼs Michi-no-Eki as a hub to experience the charms of various regions and freely trip Japan
Recently, they are looking for an Ambassador to help make this project a success.
The details of the project
The TRIP BASE STYLE ambassador project will be starting from April 2022 for Fairfield by Marriott Michi-no-Eki Hotel. It was previously launched as a part of the innovative “Trip Base” project in 2020 in collaboration with Marriott International.
In the project, Sekisui House revitalizes rural Japan by encouraging tourism and promotes experiential travel in Japan’s undiscovered destinations and attractions.
The project will appoint one Ambassador from among applications due on September 30, 2021, at 11:59 pm(JST.) The selected Ambassador will get 10 million Japanese yen provided by Sekisui House to journey across Japan for a year and share adventures with the world through social media posts.
What does a TRIP BASE STYLE Ambassador do?
The ambassador will be expected the following things in the project.
- Experience what various regions have to offer : discover local food and attractions.
- By using the tourist facilities and attractions around the various Michi-no-Eki, express your own TRIP BASE STYLE
- Get to experience a trip that no one else has experienced before!
- Share your experiences and discoveries with others through social media.
- A ‘workation’ with the Fairfield by Marriott hotel and the surrounding Michi-no-Eki.
How to apply to get reward of trip to Japan
1 individual to be selected as the TRIP BASE STYLE Ambassador
- Travel funds are provided by Sekisui House, Ltd.
- Accommodation expenses for Fairfield by Marriott Hotels are provided
(Fairfield by Marriott Sapporo and Osaka Namba are excepted)
- Additional conditions may apply, including the use of travel funds
- The funds will be provided in Japanese yen, paid in monthly installments. Further details will be provided during the second round of selection
- Expected usage of the travel funds provided by Sekisui House, Ltd
include: Transportation to and from Japan, meals, any accommodation expenses besides that of Fairfield by Marriott Hotels, and any or all other expenses associated activities in the local area
- Applicants must be 20 years old and above
- Open to any nationality- Also open to those living abroad with a valid Japanese visa, or foreign nationals residing in Japan
- Applicants must be environmentally conscious and able to follow infection prevention procedures
- Applicants must be willing to hold their role as Ambassador for the period stipulated in their service agreement
The TRIP BASE STYLE Ambassador will design his/her own adventure to encounter people, culture, cuisine, and attractions that are unique to surrounding areas of Michi-no-Eki stations. The Ambassador could learn new recipes using local ingredients, plant rice with local farmers, and take part in local festivals. With Fairfield by Marriott Hotels being a basecamp for rural travel, the Ambassador can take a stroll from one Michi-no-Eki to another discovering the true character of Japan’s unique and stunning destinations.
For more details, please visit the official website here.